Invest using AngelList Venture via Rocket Dollar
AngelList Educational Webinar:
Creating Your Account
If you already have a Rocket Dollar account, you can start investing on AngelList Venture's site. If not, establishing a new Rocket Dollar retirement account is easy. Simply sign up online in under 10 minutes and we'll get your account set up. Sign up ASAP to that your IRA can be ready before you make your investment.
IRA LLC vs Direct Custody
Very active investors, who move on time-sensitive deals and capital calls, should take the time to open an IRA LLC. Setup is longer, but deal approvals, investments, and capital calls are instant. Investors looking for a streamlined white-glove experience for one investment can open a Direct Custody IRA. If you are a resident of California, opening a Direct Custody IRA will avoid California Franchise Board Tax fees.
Funding a Rocket Dollar account is simple, as our team has created a patent-pending account transfer module, that allows customers to easily fund their Rocket Dollar account. There are three ways to get your account funded.
- Transfer in an existing IRA that you may have with another provider
- Roll over a 401(k) from a previous employer
- Make an Income Contribution to your account
Getting Started on AngelList:
To successfully use your Rocket Dollar account to invest with AngelList please follow the steps below.
- If you wish to invest in a time-sensitive deal, start your Rocket Dollar IRA ASAP. Waiting until the last minute could cause you to miss an investment. You can review our instructions for Checkbook IRA/Solo 401(k) or Direct Custody IRA.
- Create an account with AngelList Venture
- Verify your accreditation status.
- Select your investment.
- Review funding instructions. Checkbook IRA/Solo 401(k) clients can send a bank wire for the speediest money movement or link a bank account through plaid. or Direct Custody IRA clients will send money as soon as the deal review is complete. Please check with Rocket Dollar if you or the LP has not sent in deal documentation.
Once you are set with your Rocket Dollar account, you'll be able to provide the investor details through your AngelList Ventures profile.
Benefits & Pricing
Transparent pricing on a subscription basis.
The essentials you need to start investing
$360 one-time setup fee
No minimum opening deposit
BYOD (Bring Your Own Deal)
Online document storage
Investment dashboard to track investments
No cost cash transfers from current custodian
Fair Market Value reporting on Form 5498
All the essentials plus premium service
$600 one-time setup fee
All Silver features
Expedited service and transfers
Four free wire transfers per year
Option for IRA LLC
Roth IRA conversion assistance & tax filing for 1099-R
Tax filing for Solo 401(k) Form 5500