- Rocket Dollar Knowledge Base
- Self-Directed IRA (Traditional, Roth, or Beneficiary)
- Contributions, Limits, and Distributions
Pricing, Products, and Refund Policy
CARES Act and Coronavirus Stimulus Retirement Changes
FAQs and the Benefits of Self-Directing Retirement Accounts
Rocket Dollar Crowdfunding Campaign on Republic
Investing and Alternative Asset Classes
Self-Directed IRA (Traditional, Roth, or Beneficiary)
Self-Directed Solo 401(k) (Traditional or Roth)
- Self-Directed Solo 401(k) FAQs
- Opening a Rocket Dollar Self-Directed Solo 401(k) Account
- Structure and Titling
- Contributions and Contribution Limits
- IRS-Related Questions
- Rolling Over/Transferring Old Accounts
- Solo 401(k) Traditional Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Roth Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Loans
- Uncommon Questions
Self-Directing Retirement Compliance and Self Care
Partnering with Rocket Dollar
Fundraising with Rocket Dollar
Specific State Rules
Privacy, Security, Identity, and Fraud
When are IRA contributions due for my Self-Directed Traditional or Roth IRA?
IRA contributions are normally due on April 15th. Due to the IRS being backlogged from issuing CARES/COVID relief checks, the new date is May 17th, 2021 for 2020 contributions.
- The deadline for making IRA, ROTH IRA, & HSA contributions for the 2020 tax year is May 15th
*If you live in Texas, Louisiana, or Oklahoma your tax deadline is June 15th because of the disaster declaration after the winter storm
If you are in any doubt you might miss this deadline, please file a tax extension, which will give you until October.
I don't have a Rocket Dollar account yet, can I still make the deadline?
Core accounts take 3-4 weeks to open.
Gold accounts take 2 weeks to open and fund.
If there is any doubt you will miss the deadline, please file a tax extension. Rocket Dollar cannot "rush order" accounts any faster than the current Gold account expedited service of two weeks. You can also contribute to an old IRA you have currently and then roll it into a new Rocket Dollar account.