Pricing, Products, and Refund Policy
CARES Act and Coronavirus Stimulus Retirement Changes
FAQs and the Benefits of Self-Directing Retirement Accounts
Rocket Dollar Crowdfunding Campaign on Republic
Investing and Alternative Asset Classes
Self-Directed IRA (Traditional, Roth, or Beneficiary)
Self-Directed Solo 401(k) (Traditional or Roth)
- Self-Directed Solo 401(k) FAQs
- Opening a Rocket Dollar Self-Directed Solo 401(k) Account
- Structure and Titling
- Contributions and Contribution Limits
- IRS-Related Questions
- Rolling Over/Transferring Old Accounts
- Solo 401(k) Traditional Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Roth Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Loans
- Uncommon Questions
Self-Directing Retirement Compliance and Self Care
Partnering with Rocket Dollar
Fundraising with Rocket Dollar
Specific State Rules
Privacy, Security, Identity, and Fraud
How do I fill out IRS W-9 form for my Solo 401(k)?
Fill out the W-9 according to the steps outlined below. Many investment issuers and sponsors will ask you for a completed W-9.
- In box 1, enter the Name as it is displayed in your Adoption Agreement
- Leave box 2 blank
- In box 3, check "Other (see instructions)" then enter "Retirement Trust"
- In box 4, enter exempt payee code 1 to indicate the account is tax-exempt
- In box 5, enter your primary residence or the address you used when you signed up for your Solo 401(k) plan
- For Part 1 Taxpayer Identification Number, use the EIN of the Solo 401(k) plan
- Sign your name and enter the date. You can add "Trustee" as your title next to your name if you have room.
See an example below.