Pricing, Products, and Refund Policy
CARES Act and Coronavirus Stimulus Retirement Changes
FAQs and the Benefits of Self-Directing Retirement Accounts
Rocket Dollar Crowdfunding Campaign on Republic
Investing and Alternative Asset Classes
Self-Directed IRA (Traditional, Roth, or Beneficiary)
Self-Directed Solo 401(k) (Traditional or Roth)
- Self-Directed Solo 401(k) FAQs
- Opening a Rocket Dollar Self-Directed Solo 401(k) Account
- Structure and Titling
- Contributions and Contribution Limits
- IRS-Related Questions
- Rolling Over/Transferring Old Accounts
- Solo 401(k) Traditional Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Roth Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Loans
- Uncommon Questions
Self-Directing Retirement Compliance and Self Care
Partnering with Rocket Dollar
Fundraising with Rocket Dollar
Specific State Rules
Privacy, Security, Identity, and Fraud
Can I give myself commissions, compensation, or discount the price in the sale of a real estate property in my Rocket Dollar Self-Directed IRA?
You can't discount the price and take any commission or compensation, as this could be a prohibited transaction inside your Rocket Dollar Self-Directed IRA.
When buying or selling real estate, it is important to avoid a prohibited and self- dealing transaction. Remember that if you are the investment manager of the IRA, you must not be working or receiving compensation for buying, improving, managing, or selling a property.
Taking commission would constitute a self-dealing and prohibited transaction, as you would be paying yourself from your Self-Directed IRA. See our list of disqualified persons and prohibited transactions for more information.
Want to read more?
- Was your original intent a prohibited transaction? Why you should still consider investing in real estate.
- How multi-family property investing can provide you the reward and diversification you are looking for
- Alternative ways to invest in real estate