Pricing, Products, and Refund Policy
CARES Act and Coronavirus Stimulus Retirement Changes
FAQs and the Benefits of Self-Directing Retirement Accounts
Rocket Dollar Crowdfunding Campaign on Republic
Investing and Alternative Asset Classes
Self-Directed IRA (Traditional, Roth, or Beneficiary)
Self-Directed Solo 401(k) (Traditional or Roth)
- Self-Directed Solo 401(k) FAQs
- Opening a Rocket Dollar Self-Directed Solo 401(k) Account
- Structure and Titling
- Contributions and Contribution Limits
- IRS-Related Questions
- Rolling Over/Transferring Old Accounts
- Solo 401(k) Traditional Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Roth Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Loans
- Uncommon Questions
Self-Directing Retirement Compliance and Self Care
Partnering with Rocket Dollar
Fundraising with Rocket Dollar
Specific State Rules
Privacy, Security, Identity, and Fraud
How do I fill out IRS Form W-9 for my IRA LLC?
Fill out the W-9 according to the steps outlined below. Many investment issuers and sponsors will ask you for a completed W-9.
Filling out the W-9
- For Line 1, use the following formula: Name of Custodian, FBO First Name Last Name IRA. For example, if you have a Rocket Dollar Self-Directed Traditional IRA LLC, your Line 1 will say: "Solera National Bank, Custodian FBO John Doe Traditional IRA." Be sure to use the right custodian.
- Rocket Dollar's custodians are Solera National Bank, GoldStar Trust Company, or IRAR Trust Company.
- For Line 2, enter your LLC name.
- For Line 3, check the box for a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC.
- For Line 4, enter "1" as the exempt payee code. This is important because this is how you indicate to your investment issuer/sponsor that your account is tax-exempt.
- For Lines 5 and 6, enter the address for the LLC (e.g., 1111 Anywhere Avenue). For most customers, this address is the address you used when you signed up for Rocket Dollar.
- For Part 1 Taxpayer Identification Number, enter the EIN of your Custodian in the box.
- If your custodian is Solera National Bank, input: #84-4416888
- If your custodian is IRAR Trust Company, input: #83-1624780
- If your custodian is GoldStar Trust Company, input: #74-2557688
- For Part 2, sign your name and you can include "Manager" as your title on the signature line if there is room.
See an example below.
Why would I fill out a W-9?
Your investment issuer or sponsor may ask for a W-9 form so they can handle tax reporting appropriately.
Why do I put the custodian EIN instead of the LLC's EIN?
The LLC is an investment in the IRA, so the appropriate EIN to use is the custodians.