Pricing, Products, and Refund Policy
FAQs and the Benefits of Self-Directing Retirement Accounts
Investing and Alternative Asset Classes
Self-Directed IRA (Traditional, Roth, or Beneficiary)
Self-Directed Solo 401(k) (Traditional or Roth)
- Self-Directed Solo 401(k) FAQs
- Opening a Rocket Dollar Self-Directed Solo 401(k) Account
- Structure of a Rocket Dollar Solo 401(k) Account
- Contributions and Contribution Limits
- IRS-Related Questions
- Rolling Over/Transferring Old Accounts
- Solo 401(k) Traditional Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Roth Contributions
- Solo 401(k) Loans
- Uncommon Questions
Self-Directing Retirement Compliance and Self Care
Partnering with Rocket Dollar
Fundraising with Rocket Dollar
Specific State Rules
Privacy, Security, Identity, and Fraud
How do I fill out my W-9 properly for my IRA LLC?
If you have a single-member IRA LLC, you need to fill out the W-9 differently than an individual or a normal LLC. Make sure to fill out the correct custody partner on line 1.
Line 1 -
If you are using our Custodian Partner IRA Trust Co.
- IRAR Trust Co. FBO FirstName LastName IRA Acct# (Example account number would be 89-12345)
If you are using our Custodian Partner Solera National Bank
- Solera Natl Bank, CUST for Firstname Lastname, Trad IRA (or ROTH IRA).
Line 2 - your IRA LLC name.
- Usually, this is your first initial and last name unless you requested a custom LLC "FLast RD LLC"
Line 3 - You will check the very first box for a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC.
Line 4 - 1, just the number in the exempt payee code
- 1 is the exemption number described as :
Line 5 - You will enter in the address for the LLC (e.g., 1111 Anywhere Avenue).
Line 6 - You will enter in the City/State/AZ for the LLC
Part 1 - Use the EIN number of your LLC within your IRA.
Part 2 - Make sure to include "Signature, Manager"
- You are the manager of the LLC, so be sure to include yourself as a manager