With checkbook control, you can invest in almost anything you want with a Rocket Dollar retirement account. Your investment options are no longer limited to just stocks and bonds!
Here are some popular Self-Directed IRA and Self-Directed Solo 401(k) retirement investments
- General Partnership
- Joint Venture
- Investing directly in a business in your community
- Business Loans
- Private Equity
- Private Debt
- Tax Liens
- Single or Multifamily Rental Property
- Precious Metals
- Undeveloped Land
- Mineral Rights (Oil and Gas)
- Real Estate Loans
- Business Loans
- Purchase Agreements
- Timber Deeds
- Crops and harvests
- Cattle/Livestock Certificates
- Race Horses and Competition Animals
- Mutual Funds
- Certificates of Deposit
- And more! Anything allowed by the IRS is accessible!
According to the IRS, the law does not permit IRA or Solo 401(k) funds to be invested in...
- Life insurance
- Collectibles like stamps, cars, art, beanie babies, etc. If your investment is simply a fund that invests in collectibles, Rocket Dollar cannot support that investment at this time.
- S-Corp stock
- Alcoholic liquors and beverages (fine wine, liquor collectibles, etc.)
- Coins and Metals not on the approved list of precious metals
See our list of prohibited transactions for more information.
If you invest your IRA into a restricted investment, the amount invested is considered distributed in the year invested and you may have to pay an additional 10% tax on early distributions. Solo 401(k)s could be subject to a 15% tax penalty.
Can I only access the investments on Rocket Dollar's Partner page in these areas?
No! you are allowed to access any investment allowed by the IRS through checkbook control.
That investment platform just has to be able to accept an investment from your IRA LLC (with your signing as the manager) or your Solo 401(k), usually signed up as a trust (with you signing as a plan trustee). You then move money from your Rocket Dollar funded bank account at our partner bank to this investment platform or private party through a bank.
Our investment partners on https://www.rocketdollar.com/partners are a great place to get started. Rocket Dollar does not endorse, advise, or recommend any deal or investment on these platforms. These partners can also be a resource to educate you about investment classes you are already interested in, or wish to learn more about.
Is there anything Rocket Dollar does not allow as an investment?
Rocket Dollar does not allow investments into the following: